Q. Can I request a required textbook for my class through Interlibrary Loan?
No. We cannot request textbooks from other libraries. Why not? Well…
- Some textbooks, lab materials, and course pack are created by WT faculty as such are only available at WT
- Few libraries purchase textbooks. Of those that do:
- Only a few will have the newest edition
- Even fewer number of libraries will loan their textbooks out to other libraries
- The lending library owns the book as such they can stipulate conditions not conducive for using ILL as an alternative for purchasing/renting your textbooks
- Short loan periods, often only between 2-3 weeks
- Renewals are either not allowed or are extremely short (1-2 extra weeks)
- The loaning library may recall the book so their own user may checkout the book
- If you lose the book or fail to return the book on time:
- You would be responsible for late, processing, and replacement fees.
- Your grades, graduation, transcripts, and library privileges would be blocked until these fees were paid.
- Additionally, the Cornette library could lose borrowing privileges from the lending library for all WT faculty, staff, and students
Was this helpful? 0 0