Q. What government document assistance is available?
Assistance finding documents and using equipment is available at the Documents Service Desk in the Cornette Library during normal business hours. After-hours assistance is available from the 2nd floor Information Desk.
Who may use this service?
- Residents of the Texas Panhandle
- WTAMU students, faculty, and staff
What kinds of questions may be asked?
- those requiring brief, factual information (for example phone numbers, addresses, definitions)
- inquiries concerning the selection and use of electronic government databases and resources
- assistance finding government Web sites
- requests for information on Cornette Library's United States and Texas documents holdings and services
What kinds of questions are not appropriate for this service?
- medical, legal, tax, or business advice
- subjects which do not involve United States or Texas government sources (WTAMU affiliates see our Email a Librarian instead)
- those requiring extensive research, analysis, or interpretation (For more complex questions, stop by the Documents Desk or call us at (806) 651-2205.)
- requests for borrowing or photocopying materials from our collection (WTAMU affiliates may call (806) 651-2406 for information on ordering materials not in our collection through Interlibrary Loan.)
When can I expect a reply?
- normally within 48 hours excluding weekends and holidays
Was this helpful? 0 0