Q. How do I handle Special Collections material?
- No more than three volumes and one box may be used at a time. Please use only one file from the box at a time and return it to the box before removing another one.
- Please keep documents flat on the reading table and in the order that you found them. The original order of manuscript and any unbound material should be preserved.
- Only pencil and paper may be used to take notes. Please be especially careful not to write on, tear, fold, and/or trace documents. Tracing may cause damaging indentations in rare documents.
- Book cradles and weights are available for use. Please ask at the Special Collections desk for assistance.
- Each item must be returned to the Special Collections staff before leaving the room. Books may be reserved for a limited time by arrangement with a Special Collections staff member.
- Unopened leaves of books will not be cut. Another copy of the book will be provided if available.
- Please handle materials with clean hands. Patrons may be given white cotton gloves to wear when handling certain materials.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the reading rooms.
- West Texas A&M University is a smoke-free institution. Smoking, vaping or use of tobacco products is not permitted in the reading rooms.
Was this helpful? 0 0