Q. How do I get permission to publish Special Collections materials?


Permission must be obtained from the Cornette Library to publish unpublished materials from the Library's Special Collections materials. Patrons may address requests to publish in writing to:

Shawna Kennedy-Witthar
Director of Information and Library Resources
WTAMU Box 60748
Canyon, Texas 79016

Submitting Instructions

When submitting a request to publish, please include the following:

  • Material to be published including collection name and call number.
  • Indicate whether the material is to be quoted, cited, or reproduced in facsimile.
  • How is the material to be used: type of publication, title of publication material will appear in and in the case of an article, title of the article, publisher's name, and expected date of publication.
  • Nature of the publication. Is it scholarly, popular, commercial, etc.?


If permission is granted, please keep the following in mind:

  • You assume all responsibility for any infringement of the U. S. Copyright Code.
  • Cornette Library does not grant researchers exclusive publishing rights. The Library reserves its own right to publish material from its collections or give others the right to do so.
  • Cornette Library requests a complimentary copy of all publications that include quotations from, citations of, or facsimile reproductions of unpublished materials in its special collections.
  • In citing materials, please acknowledge the Special Collections Unit of the Cornette Library in the following way:
    • "From the [Collection Name] Collection in the Cornette Library at
      West Texas A&M University."

  • Last Updated Sep 25, 2018
  • Views 1
  • Answered By Bob Smith

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us