Q. I am an online/distance student. How do I use the library's resources and services?
The Cornette Library offers many resources and services to online & distance students, many that other brick-and-mortar students have access and some that are specific to you.
The library has various resources for you:
- Our Cornette Library wesbite is your portal to the library
- Our online catalog where you can search for our physical and e-book collections.
- Subject Guides that highlight specific databases and services based on your academic subject
- Course Guides that highlight specific databases and services based on the class you're taking
- Databases A-Z for access to all our subscribed databases. Useful if you're looking for a particular database.
- Some professors place items on "Electronic Reserve." To find a reserve item placed by your faculty member, please search our Course Reserves.
If you ever have trouble accessing our resources, please contact us through the various means below.
If you need help finding and citing information, the library can help you with that. There are various means to get help from the library:
- You may call us at (806) 615-2215
- You may chat with us using our IM service located on all library webpages. It is the "Live Chat" button located at the top right of the page.
- You may request a one-on-one virtual (WebEx) meeting by making an appointment with our librarians. Please select "Virtual Referenec Help [via WebEx]" when selecting the librarian.
- You may e-mail a librarian
We are here to help you. Please do not hesitate to contact us.
Obtaining Physical Items
You may obtain physical items such as books and journal articles through a couple service we provide.
Order Books from our Collection
If you find a book within our catalog that you wish to have, place an Interlibrary Loan request for that item. Indicate your WTOnline status from the dropdown menu and on the notes field. Items requested from our library may take a few days to over a week, depending how far you live from WTAMU.
This service is free.
This service is only for those students taking WT online classes only. If you're taking a class on campus, you're not eligible for this service.
If you need an item that we do not own, you may request the item through a Interlibrary Loan request. Indicate your WTOnline status from the dropdown menu and on the notes field. Items requested through Interlibrary Loan may take a couple days for articles and up to a couple weeks for physical items. Physical items require the lending library (not us) to ship it to WT where we promptly ship the item to you.
This service is free unless copyright restrictions prevent us from completing a request (hardly ever happens). You will never be charge a fee for requesting an item without your explicit approval.